Logo: Aussie Specialist

Universities and TAFE

  • Homestay family: ideal to quickly improve your English and live a real experience with local people. Homestay families are on average 30/40 minutes away from the university by public transport.
    • Single room + half board during the week and full board on week-ends (AUD$220–250 per week)
  • On-campus accommodation: Student residence or apartments to share on or nearby the campus. The minimum booking is usually 1 semester. See the University accommodation website for the options available.
  • Off-campus accommodation: Student residence ( non-university): Single or double room usually including breakfast, with kitchen and bathroom to share. Many residences have: Free WIFI, BBQ area, garden, swimming pool etc. (AUD$250–400 per week)
  • Flats or houses to share with students that are not university owned/managed: See the University accommodation website for further information
  • Youth hostel: The perfect option for those tight budgets and for those who want to share a room with friends.
    • Dormitory rooms for 4, 6 or 8 people, with kitchen and bathroom to share. (AUD$25–$40 per night)

CAPEC tip:

Sharing a flat is the most economical way to live in Australia. We’ll book temporary accommodation for you (usually 4 weeks) with a Homestay family, student lodge or residence. During this first month, you’ll look for a flat to rent/share through the accommodation ads at your language school, TAFE or university, real estate agencies, websites, local newspapers etc.